Legacy of Leasing and Sales Program
What is the Legacy of Leasing & Sales Program?
The Legacy of Leasing & Sales Program encourages real estate associates to support BC Children's Hospital by donating a portion of their commission with each leasing agreement.
Ways you can help, as a:
- Real Estate Associate:
- Donate a dollar amount or percentage of commission per transaction.
- Landlord, Tenant and Real Estate Associate:
- A landlord, tenant and their real estate associate can donate a percentage of commission or a one-time donation based on the real estate broker's commission on the transaction (property lease and/or sale).
- A landlord can ask the tenant to incorporate a donation into their lease agreement. An agreed-upon donation amount would be applied to the tenant's lease as a donation. The landlord could offer to match the tenant's donation. Please note that an acknowledgement receipt and not a tax receipt will be available for this option.
How to get started
- Register online
- Select your level of donation per transaction you would like to commit
(tax receipts will be issued with a minimum $20 donation)
What the Foundation provides:
- We will send an acknowledgement card to your clients (names and addresses of clients to be provided by real estate associate).
- The opportunity for associates to use the Building for Kids logo on their website and print materials. (Some restrictions may apply.)
If you have any questions or would like to arrange for a hospital tour, please contact:
Lindsay Turner, Philanthropy Officer
Tel: (604) 875-2560