By registering and fundraising for a Bat for a Cause team, you are making a difference in the lives of BC kids.
Start your fundraising off right by selling the Bats for a Cause raffle tickets. Use the tips below to help your team hit a fundraising homerun:
- Contact Patti Meger at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 250-470-9061 to purchase your raffle tickets;
- Ask your corporate contacts and industry partners to purchase tickets;
- Approach your company for a corporate match to support employees' efforts;
- Encourage friends, and everyone you know (your hairdresser, your dog groomer), to support you by purchasing raffle tickets;
- Remind supporters they can donate online - it's quick, easy and often results in higher donation amounts;
- Make a donation yourself - set the pace for the rest of your donors. Download our pledge form here;
- Remind people that tax receipts are automatically issued for gifts of $20 or more;
- Hold a fundraising event at work or in the community such as a garage sale, bake sale, book sale, or bottle drive;
- Download our handbook for more fundraising ideas.
- If your team is interested in facilitating their own raffle or 50-50 draw as a part of your team’s fundraising plans, please note that you will need to secure your own gaming license to facilitate those activities. Additional information about gaming licenses can be found below
- Gaming Licenses - The BC Government's Gaming Branch requires you to apply for a license if you are including a raffle or any kind of gaming activity at your event. For further details, please visit the BC Gaming Policy and Enforcement Branch online at https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/sports-culture/gambling-fundraising/gambling-licence-fundraising
Prizes will be awarded to teams who collect the most in donations.