RBC Race for the Kids
Sunday, June 4, 2017 | 9:00 a.m.
Start line: Midlothian Ave. and Clancy Loranger Way
On Sunday, June 4, RBC Race for the Kids will host runners and walkers of all ages and abilities on a 2k Fun Run or scenic 5k run, followed by a carnival celebration.
Since its inception in 1986, BC Children’s Hospital Foundation’s signature run, and largest family fun run in Vancouver, has raised over $12 million in support of childhood cancer research and treatment and, as of 2016, pediatric mental health initiatives. Runners and walkers of all ages and abilities are encouraged to participate and to start their own fundraising page to help raise much-needed funds and awareness for child health in BC.
Find out how you can get involved with RBC Race for the Kids by participating, volunteering or donating. Please note that online registration closes at 5:30 p.m. on Saturday, June 3. Participants will be able to register at the run 7:30 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.
Below is key info for run day. Visit the Run Day Information page for more event details including T-shirt pick-up dates and times, parking info, and day-of schedule of events.
- Start line is located at Midlothian Ave. and Clancy Loranger Way (west of Hillcrest Community Centre).
- Race Route Map – both the 5km and 2km Fun Run routes
- Site Map – check back often for updated maps.
- Last minute registrations and donations will be accepted to run day 7:30-8:30 a.m. at the Registrations and Donations tent.
- Parking is limited. Please take transit, bike or carpool as alternatives. Free parking is available at BC Children’s Hospital. View a map to see how to get from BC Children’s Hospital to the event grounds. A designated passenger drop-off zone is available for participants to drop off participants on Ontario St. via West 37th Ave.
Explore the team and individual resources along with event information and frequently asked questions. Search for a team or individual participant.
Learn about where your fundraising dollars go to help BC's kids.
RBC Race for the Kids Global Race Series
RBC Race for the Kids is an exciting series of eleven charitable runs supporting children’s causes in Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Trinidad & Tobago, United Kingdom and the United States. Increasing in popularity every year, RBC Race for the Kids events have attracted more than 93,500 participants to-date, and raised over $20.5 million for children’s charities around the world. The races are part of our larger commitment to kids and youth through the RBC Kids Pledge, a five-year, $100 million promise to improve the well-being of one million kids and youth.
Check out the photos taken at last year's RBC Run for the Kids: