Date: Sunday, June 3, 2018
Location: Queen Elizabeth Park
Time: 9:00 am (on site registration 7:30 am - 8:30 am)
$150+ fundraising commitment
Closes May 22, midnight
From May 23 until 8:30am run day.
*Ambassadors receive free registration by commiting to raise $150+ by May 30. If that minimum $150 is not raised by the deadline you will be asked to pay the registration fee or make a personal donation to make up the difference, whichever is less.
** Youth = individuals 17 years and younger on June 3, 2018
Join us after the race for some well-deserved snacks including fruits and veggies from the BC Produce Marketing Association, refreshing juices from the Oasis Kids' Zone, healthy snacks from Kin's Farm Market, and yummy treats from Daiya Foods. Don't forget to check out the RBC Training Ground, an interactive, family friendly mini-games section in the carnival and meet our RBC Olympians, who will be on-site on run day. Learn more about this years RBC Olympians.
Laura Brown is a two-time Olympian and made her country proud by taking home the bronze medal in the team pursuit at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games in Cycling. Laura is extremely grateful for this prestigious opportunity with RBC is looking forward to making new connections, learning new skills, and contributing to the world and communities in a new capacity.
Based in Victoria, Will Crothers is excited to engage and inspire his local community through the RBC Olympians program. Will made his Olympic debut at the 2012 Olympic Games. It was in London where he took home the silver medal in the cutthroat Men’s 8 rowing final. Will claims that his undefeated novice season is amongst his greatest achievements and proudest moment of his rowing career.
Hailing from Victoria, Jamie Broder won the first ever Gold medal for the Canadian Women’s beach volleyball program in Fuzhou, China. Jamie made her Olympic debut at the 2016 Rio Olympics finishing in a stellar 9th place.Jamie is honored to be with RBC for the support, encouragement, and opportunities for athletes to be successful both in and outside of sport.
In 2014, John Smythe was apart of the National Team that stunned the world at the Champions Challenge, beating hosts Malaysia in a shootout for the ages and taking home the silver medal in Field Hockey.John is continuing to focus on fulfilling his dreams to represent Canada and compete at the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Summer Games.
Dr. Meghan Grant has represented Canada on both the road and the velodrome internationally and was part of the gold medal-winning Team Pursuit squad at the 2017 Pan American Track Cycling Championships. This RBC Olympian is itching to get out and bestow her wisdom of medicine and sport within her local community.
Emily Young has found her new path in Para Nordic and Para Biathlon, representing Canada in the 2018 Paralympic Games in PyeongChang. Emily is a talented multi-sport athlete who has represented Canada in three different sports. An unfortunate injury to her elbow while wrestling in 2009, Emily is excited to share her story and lessons she has learned from her situation to help others overcome obstacles in sport and life.
Can't join us on run day, Sunday, June 3, 2018? Join as a virtual runner instead! Use our online personal fundraising webpage features and send emails out inviting friends and family to help you reach your fundraising goal. Register now as a virtual runner.
Register as a Run Ambassador and commit to fundraising a minimum of $150 by May 30 and receive free entry to the run. It can be as simple as asking 15 people for a $10 donation, or any other fundraising formula to get you to your goal of $150+. For more information on registering for free as a Run Ambassador please visit our FAQs.
- All entries are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- All entrants must complete the official registration form and submit the correct fee in Canadian dollars. There is a fifteen dollar ($15.00) service charge for NSF cheques.
- An offline registration form can be filled out and dropped off at BC Children's Hospital Foundation or faxed to 604-875-2596
- Incorrectly completed entry forms will be discarded or returned.
- All participants must pay a registration fee (unless registered as a Race Ambassador) and must have signed or clicked on the liability waiver.
- All participants must read and agree to the release and waiver.
- Applications for minors will be accepted only with a parent's signature or online acceptance of the waiver form on the minor's behalf.
- Only runners, joggers, walkers, wheelchairs and strollers are permitted. Assisted wheelchairs and strollers must start in the walker's zone at the back of the pack. Skateboards, in-line skates, scooters, roller skis, bicycles, vehicles, and wagons are strictly prohibited.