Rules and Regulations
BC Children’s Hospital Foundation 50:50 - Rules of Play and Information for matches conducted at the HSBC Canada Sevens Rugby Tournament
By participating in the BC Children’s Hospital Foundation 50/50 program, Canada Sevens’ Rugby fans will be contributing charitable proceeds to the BC Children’s Hospital which supports child health across British Columbia and a portion to British Columbia Rugby Union.
- The 50/50 raffle is operated through an electronic system that uses sophisticated hardware and software for the purchase of tickets and for generating, tracking, storing and reporting on numbers associated with purchased tickets (the "System").
- Tickets are 3 for $5; 7 for $10; 18 for $20 or 50 for $50.
- Must be 19 years or older to purchase a 50/50 ticket.
- Ticket buyers receive a single printed receipt listing all of the numbers associated with the purchased tickets.
- Ticket sales occur at Canada Sevens Rugby matches at BC Place and must not be sold outside B.C.
- Tickets are sold from 1:30-6:15 pm on March 10, 2018 and from 1:00-5:45 pm on March 11th, 2018 in BC Place Stadium Entrances, on the concourse, in the 300 suite levels and in the bowl.
- The draw is conducted at the BC Place 50/50 office at 6:30 pm on March 10, 2018 and at 6:00 pm on March 11th, 2018.
- Using the System, one winning ticket number is randomly generated from among the numbers associated with purchased tickets. The process is initiated by a BC Children’s Hospital Foundation staff member and observed and overseen by a member of the Board of Directors of the BC Children’s Hospital Foundation.
- The winning number is announced in the final minutes of the match. In the case of a discrepancy between the announced number and the actual number - the actual number will be considered to be the valid winning ticket.
- Winning numbers and amounts are also available on the BC Children’s Hospital Foundation website at www.bcchf.ca/events/event-calendar/50-50-program-at-hsbc-canada-sevens-vancouver or by calling the BC Children’s Hospital Foundation office (Monday to Friday 8:30 – 5:00 pm) at 604-875-2444.
- Prizes may be claimed at Guest Services at BC Place Stadium.
- 50/50 program contractors, staff and volunteers are not eligible to participate in the HSBC Canada Sevens Vancouver tournament draws
- In the event that the System is unavailable at the time the ticket sales period commences for any game due to technical difficulties or otherwise, the BC Children’s Hospital Foundation will sell paper raffle tickets and will not use the System for that game. Paper raffle tickets will be numbered in sequential order and sold in denominations of 3/$5, 7/$10, 18/$20 and 50/$50. If a paper raffle is conducted, one ticket corresponding to each ticket number purchased will be placed in a draw bin. At the time of the draw, a ticket is then randomly drawn from the bin by a BC Children’s Hospital staff member and observed and overseen by a member of the board of directors of the BC Children’s Hospital Foundation. The winning ticket will then be announced in the manner outlined above.
- If the System experiences any technical difficulties during a game (i.e. at any time after sales using the System have commenced for that game), 50/50 sales will immediately be suspended for the balance of the game. If BC Children’s Hospital Foundation is able to verify that all numbers associated with tickets purchased prior to the suspension of ticket sales have been accounted for by the System, the draw will proceed and a winner will be announced at the end of the match. If BC Children’s Hospital Foundation is not able to verify that all numbers associated with tickets purchased prior to the suspension of ticket sales have been accounted for by the System, the draw will be postponed until BC Children’s Hospital Foundation is able to make such verification. Where a draw has been postponed, BC Children’s Hospital Foundation will announce the winner at the next game and will make the winning number available online as indicated above.
To contact the 50/50 program coordinator, please email email@example.com
To learn more about the 50/50 program, please visit:
BC Children’s Hospital Foundation
938 West 28th Avenue - Vancouver, BC V5Z 4H4