Jeans Day™ FAQs
It’s an annual, province-wide fundraiser that encourages everyone to buy a $20 pin or $5 button and wear denim to support BC Children's Hospital.
This year, Jeans Day is on Thursday, May 3.
All you have to do is buy a $5 button or $20 lapel pin. Then, on Jeans Day, wear it with your favourite denim outfit. See our main page for retailers that sell Jeans Day merchandise.
You can also sell buttons and pins as a Jeans Day Champion. Register your school or company to sell as a team — or sell on your own as an individual. All you need is a commitment to sell at least 20 buttons.
Funds raised through Jeans Day help meet the hospital's urgent needs like innovative research, urgently-needed equipment and vital programs that make BC Children's Hospital exceptional.
Our goal for 2018 is $1.1 million. Since Jeans Day started in 1990, it has raised over $21 million.
Start with your favourite pair of jeans, and then #JeanUp in as much denim as you can wrangle.
Starting in April, you can buy buttons and pins at the checkout at Save-On-Foods, Overwaitea Foods, Price Smart Foods, Urban Fare, Thifty Foods and London Drugs. For our Jeans Day supporters on Vancouver Island, you can also purchase a button or pin at your local Country Grocer.
If your order was placed in Febuary it will arrive mid March. Orders placed between March 1 and before March 22 will arrive the first week of April. If your order is placed after March 22 it will be processed and shipped out as quickly as possible with an expected arrival time of 3-7 business days.
The last day to place an order is 5 PM on April 23 for orders within the Greater Vancouver Regional District, and 12 PM on April 30 for orders being delivered outside the Greater Vancouver Regional District.
- You can pay online at jeansday.ca/donate. Search your champion name or your team name.
- Or, mail or courier donations with completed lapel pin tax donation forms and a remittance slip to:
Jeans Day, BC Children’s Hospital Foundation, 938 W 28 Avenue, Vancouver, BC, V5Z 4H4.
- Please don’t send cash through the mail. If paying by cheque or money order, please make payable to: BC Children’s Hospital Foundation. In the memo field, please write Jeans Day and your team name.
- You can also fax or email to firstname.lastname@example.org as long as there is isn't any credit card information on the forms.
- Log in to your Jeans Day headquarters to keep track of payments, place another order, send email reminders, submit payments, and more.
Questions? Call 604-875-2444 or e-mail email@example.com