How you fundraise greatly affects your team total. Here are some fundraising tips to help reach your desired goal:
- Fundraise online! Send customized emails to friends, family, and co-workers asking for their support. Share your reasons why you decided to take part in this special event;
- Ask companies and organizations you are involved with if they would consider making a corporate gift in support of your efforts;
- Be creative! Try your hand at collecting cans/bottles for a day or two, create a facebook group that links to your personal/team fundraising page, or get your team together to throw a fundraising event (i.e., burger and beer night at a local establishment);
- Hold a raffle or a 50/50 draw. Make sure to apply for a gaming license;
- Host your own pie-throw, pub night or bowl-a-thon or anything-a-thon to engage your friends and family - don't forget to include a silent auction to add to the funds;
- Don't want to plan your own fundraising event? Email email@example.com to participate in one of UBC REC's fundraising initiatives. UBC REC will plan the logistics of the fundraiser and all you are responsible for is bringing people out and collecting donations for your team! Interested? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Contact Alex Northey, UBC Recreation Lace Up for Kids Manager at email@example.com or 604-822-2506 for further ideas.