Here are some great ideas that will help your fundraising:
- Birthday parties. Ask your friends and family for donations to your RBC Race for the Kids page rather than giving a birthday present. Or, hold your birthday party at RBC Race for the Kids and ask your friends to register for your team to join in on the fun;
- Hold a car wash when the lovely warm spring weather arrives;
- Gather up items you no longer need and hold a yard sale;
- Kids: Offer up dog walks to your neighbours and donate your earned money to your team;
- Host a bottle drive;
- Host a fundraising dinner party for friends and ask for donations in lieu of food plates;
- Organize a talent show among friends and family with entrance-by-donation;
- Hold a pub night fundraiser for the whole team to participate in.
Have other great ideas that you'd like to share? We'd love to hear them! Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-875-2444.
Copy and save the images. Use them on your posters, emails, or social media channels to let friends and family know you will be running to help BC Children's Hospital this June.
Contact RBC Race for the Kids (email@example.com) to request promotional posters and brochures (while supplies last).
Facebook Cover Photo
Printable 11x17 Poster
Printable 11x17 Thermometer
You can download a printable PDF donation form in order to collect offline donations. Please note that while an online donation will be processed immediately and will appear on your fundraising page within minutes of the gift having been made, offline donations may take up to two weeks – from the time that we receive your donations and donation form – to be processed and uploaded to your online fundraising page and for your donors to receive their tax receipt.
It is highly recommended that donations are made online as it gets close to event date for a donation to appear instantly on a participant's fundraising page and for donors to receive a tax receipt automatically.
Double the impact of your gift.
Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match any charitable contributions made by their employees. Your donation to the RBC Race for the Kids could be doubled or even tripled!
Here's how to make a matching gift:
- Ask your Human Resources department about your company's matching gift policy.
- If your company participates, obtain a matching gift form from your employer. BC Children's Hospital Foundation charitable business number is 11885-2433-RR0001
- Draft a short note with the following details:
- Company/donor name;
- Donation amount;
- Name of team or individual receiving the donation;
- Instructions on the division of funds and if necessary a list of team members along with the donation amount that should be attributed to them.
- Forward your matching gift along with your donation to:
RBC Race for the Kids, c/o Casey Harrison
BC Children's Hospital Foundation
938 West 28th Avenue, Vancouver, BC V5Z 4H4
Conditions and criteria for gift matching vary by employer. Some companies offer a payroll deduction plan. For more information, or if you are not sure if BC Children's Hospital Foundation qualifies for your company's gift matching program, please call us at 604-875-2444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.