By participating in the BC Children’s Hospital Foundation 50/50 program, the Vancouver Whitecaps FC fans will be contributing charitable proceeds to the BC Children’s Hospital which supports child health across British Columbia.
- The 50/50 raffle is operated through an electronic system that uses sophisticated hardware and software for the purchase of tickets and for generating, tracking, storing and reporting on numbers associated with purchased tickets (the "System")
- Tickets are 3 for $5; 7 for $10, 18 for $20; or 50 for $50.
- Ticket purchasers must be 19 years of age or older. If a winning ticket bears a minor’s name, the prize will be lawfully delivered on behalf of the minor to the minor’s parent, legal guardian or trustee.
- Ticket buyers receive a single printed receipt listing all of the numbers associated with the purchased tickets.
- Ticket sales occur at Vancouver Whitecaps FC home matches at BC Place and must not be sold outside BC.
- Tickets are sold at 'Caps Kickoff, all BC Place Stadium Entrances, on the concourse, in the 300 suite and club level, and in the stands for the duration of the match up to or before the 75th minute of the match.
- The draw is conducted at the BC Place 50/50 office after the 75th minute of the match.
- Using the System, one winning ticket number is randomly generated from among the numbers associated with purchased tickets. The process is initiated by a BC Children’s Hospital Foundation staff member and observed and overseen by a member of the board of directors of the BC Children’s Hospital Foundation.
- The winning number is announced in the final minutes of the match. In the case of a discrepancy between the announced number and the actual number—the actual number will be considered to be the valid winning ticket.
- Winning numbers and amounts are also available on the BC Children’s Hospital Foundation website at www.bcchf.ca/whitecapsfc or by calling the BC Children’s Hospital Foundation office at 604-875-2444.
- Prizes may be claimed at Guest Services at section 234. Winners have 10 days following the match to claim the prize. In the event that a prize is not claimed within 10 days of the Whitecaps FC home match, the amount will be carried over to the next Whitecaps FC 50/50 draw. Only the holder of the winning ticket may claim the prize. BC Children’s Hospital Foundation shall have no responsibility to any other person who claims any interest or right to receive all or any part of the prize associated with a winning ticket.
- BC Children's Hospital Foundation and the Vancouver Whitecaps FC have the right to publish the winner's name for promotional and publicity purposes without further compensation to him or her.
- Prize is paid by cheque within two weeks of the 50/50 draw by either mail or in person by the winner. If the winner chooses to pick up their cheque, this will be done at the BC Children’s Hospital Foundation office.
- 50/50 program contractors, staff and volunteers are not eligible to participate in the Whitecaps FC 50/50 draws.
- If the System experiences any technical difficulties during a game (i.e. at any time after sales using the System have commenced for that game), 50/50 sales will immediately be suspended for the balance of the game. If BC Children’s Hospital Foundation is able to verify that all numbers associated with tickets purchased prior to the suspension of ticket sales have been accounted for by the System, the draw will proceed and a winner will be announced at the end of the match. If BC Children’s Hospital Foundation is not able to verify that all numbers associated with tickets purchased prior to the suspension of ticket sales have been accounted for by the System, the draw will be postponed until BC Children’s Hospital Foundation is able to make such verification. Where a draw has been postponed, BC Children’s Hospital Foundation will announce the winner at the next match and will make the winning number available online as indicated above.
To contact the 50/50 program coordinator, please email Melissa Ren at email@example.com
To learn more about the 50/50 program, please visit:
BC Children’s Hospital Foundation
938 W 28th Avenue
Vancouver, BC V5Z 4H4