About BC Children's Hospital Foundation
Since 1982, BC Children's Hospital Foundation has worked with children, families, caregivers and hundreds of thousands of British Columbians to raise funds to support BC Children's Hospital, Sunny Hill Health Centre for Children and the Child & Family Research Institute. BC Children's Hospital Foundation also works with Sunny Hill's Board of Directors to manage the Sunny Hill Foundation for Children.
Through a wide range of fundraising events and opportunities, BC Children's Hospital Foundation is united with its donors by a single, simple passion - to improve the health and the lives of the young people who enter BC Children's Hospital every day.
Last year, BC Children's Hospital Foundation received donations from more than 150,000 people and had revenues of over $83 million.
About the Campaign for BC Children
BC Children's Hospital Foundation launched the Campaign for BC Children in April 2008. To date, the Foundation has received campaign donations from thousands of British Columbians in 270 BC communities. The community has contributed in excess of $150 million to date toward the $200-million campaign.
Priorities of the Campaign for BC Children include:
- Construction of a new hospital - including an Emergency Department, Diagnostics and Imaging, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Operating Rooms and patient rooms;
- The relocation of childhood development and rehabilitation services from Sunny Hill Health Centre in East Vancouver to the Oak Street home of BC Children's and;
- Child Health BC, a BC Children's Hospital initiative that is building pediatric care capacity throughout the province.
The Foundation's fundraising activities involve:
- Legacy giving
- Annual individual and corporate gifts
- Employee-corporate and community support
- Children's Miracle Network
- Special events
These activities are made possible by the combined efforts of our dedicated Board of Directors, staff, volunteers and donors.