Jeans Day™ FAQs
All you have to do is buy a $5 button or $20 lapel pin. Then, on Jeans Day, wear it with your favourite denim outfit.
You can also sell buttons and pins as a Jeans Day Champion. Register your school or company to sell as a team — or sell on your own as an individual. All you need is a commitment to sell at least 20 buttons.
Funds raised through Jeans Day provide critical support to the programs and services provided by BC Children's Hospital, Sunny Hill Health Centre for Children and the Research Institute that benefit our kids.
Your contribution will support the areas of greatest need in each of these facilities, including specialized research into childhood diseases, the purchase of state-of-the-art medical equipment, and education programs for caregivers and families.
Our goal for 2018 was $1.1 million. Since Jeans Day started in 1990, it has raised over $21 million.
If you are a school or corporate Champion, you place an order for how many buttons you think you will sell and submit your collected donations after Jeans Day.
If you are participating as an individual, you are able to either place an order and submit your donations afterward, or purchase a $5 button or $20 pin at one of our Official Retailers.
Start with your favourite pair of jeans, and then #JeanUp in as much denim as you can wrangle.
Starting in April, you can buy buttons and pins at the checkout at Save-On-Foods, Overwaitea Foods, Price Smart Foods, Urban Fare, Thifty Foods and London Drugs. For our Jeans Day supporters on Vancouver Island, you can also purchase a button or pin at your local Country Grocer.
Once your order is placed it will be processed and shipped out as quickly as possible with an expected arrival time of 3-7 business days.
The last day to place an order is 9 AM on April 24 for orders outside the Greater Vancouver Regional District, and 12 PM on April 30 for orders being delivered within the Greater Vancouver Regional District.
- You can pay online at jeansday.ca/donate. Search your champion name or your team name.
- Or, mail or courier donations with completed lapel pin tax donation forms and a remittance slip to:
Jeans Day, BC Children’s Hospital Foundation, 938 W 28 Avenue, Vancouver, BC, V5Z 4H4.
- Please don’t send cash through the mail. If paying by cheque or money order, please make payable to: BC Children’s Hospital Foundation. In the memo field, please write Jeans Day and your team name.
- You can also fax or email to email@example.com as long as there is isn't any credit card information on the forms.
- Log in to your Jeans Day headquarters to keep track of payments, place another order, send email reminders, submit payments, and more.
Questions? Call 604.875.2444 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org