Jeans Day FAQs
It’s a fun, province-wide fundraiser for BC Children’s Hospital.
This year, Jeans Day is on Thursday, May 3.
All you have to do is buy a $5 button or $20 lapel pin. Then, on Jeans Day, wear it with your favourite denim outfit.
You can also sell buttons and pins as a Jeans Day champion. Register your school or company to sell as a team — or sell on your own as an individual. All you need is a commitment to sell at least 20 buttons.
Funds raised through Jeans Day help meet the hospital's critical needs like innovative research, urgently-needed equipment, vital programs, and Sunny Hill Health Centre for Children.
Our goal for 2018 is $1.2 million. Since Jeans Day started in 1990, it has raised over $21 million.
If you are a school or corporate champion, you place an order for how many buttons you think you will sell and submit your collected donations after Jeans Day.
If you are participating as an individual, you are able to either place an order and submit your donations afterward, or purchase a $5 button or $20 pin at one of our Official Retailers.
Start with your favourite pair of jeans, but you don’t have to stop there. The idea is to #JeanUp in as much denim as you can wrangle.
Starting in April, you can buy buttons and pins at the checkout at Save-On-Foods, Overwaitea Foods, Price Smart Foods, Urban Fare, and London Drugs.
All orders placed by February 14 will arrive by early March. Orders placed after February 14 and before March 22 will arrive the first week of April. If your order is placed after March 22 it will be processed and shipped out as quickly as possible with an expected arrival time of 3-7 business days.
The last day to place an order is 5 PM on April 23 for orders outside the Greater Vancouver Regional District, and 12 PM on April 30 for orders inside the Greater Vancouver Regional District.
- You can pay online at jeansday.ca/donate. Search by your champion name or your team name.
- Or, mail or courier donations with any lapel pin tax donation forms and a remittance slip to:
Jeans Day, BC Children’s Hospital Foundation, 938 W 28th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, V5Z 4H4.
- Please don’t send cash through the mail. If paying by cheque or money order, please make payable to: BC Children’s Hospital Foundation. In the memo field, please write Jeans Day and your team name.
- If the donation forms don’t have credit card information, you can fax or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Log in to your Jeans Day headquarters to keep track of payments, place another order, send email reminders, submit payments, and more.
Questions? Call 604-875-2444 or e-mail email@example.com