Jeans Day FAQs
It’s a fun, province-wide fundraiser for BC Children’s Hospital.
This year, Jeans Day is on Thursday, May 4.
Our goal for 2017 is $1.2 million. Since Jeans Day started in 1990, it has raised over $20 million.
All you have to do is buy a $5 button or $20 lapel pin. Then, on Jeans Day, wear it with your favourite denim outfit.
You can also sell buttons and pins as a Jeans Day champion. Register your school or company to sell as a team — or sell on your own as an individual. All you need is a commitment to sell at least 20 buttons.
No! Jeans Day works on a consignment basis, which means you place an order for how many buttons you think you will sell and submit payment afterwards.
Start with your favorite pair of jeans, but you don’t have to stop there. The idea is to #JeanUp in as much denim as you can wrangle.
Starting in March, you can buy buttons and pins at the checkout at Save-On-Foods, Overwaitea Foods, Price Smart Foods, Urban Fare, London Drugs, Thrifty Foods and Country Grocer (on Vancouver Island).
All orders will be processed and shipped out as quickly as possible with an expected arrival time of 3-10 business days.
The last day to place an order is 9 AM on March 24 for orders outside the Greater Vancouver Regional District, and 9 AM on May 1 for orders inside the Greater Vancouver Regional District.
- You can pay online at jeansday.ca/donate . Search for your Champion name or your company’s name.
- Or, please mail or courier donations with all 2017 lapel pin tax donation forms and a remittance slip to:
Jeans Day, BC Children’s Hospital Foundation, 938 W 28th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, V5Z 4H4.
- Please don’t send cash through the mail. If paying by cheque or money order, please make payable to: BC Children’s Hospital Foundation. In the memo field, please write Jeans Day and your team name.
- If the donation forms don’t have credit card information, you can fax or email to email@example.com.
- Log in to your Jeans Day headquarters to keep track of payments, place an order for more, send email reminders, submit payments, and more.
Questions? Call 604-875-2444 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not sell all your buttons, that’s okay! Please recycle them according to our recycling instructions. We will not charge you for these unsold buttons. That being said, please be mindful of order quantities when you place your order.
This year, we have three different posters: Vancouver Canucks Henrik and Daniel Sedin and their dogs, Vancouver Whitecap David Ousted and his kids, and BC Lion Jason Arakgi and his family.