Proceeds from every Smile Cookie sold in the Lower Mainland supports BC Children’s Hospital Foundation
There’s only one thing better than a cookie that tastes good–a cookie that does good. From September 16 – 22, you can make each crumb count by purchasing freshly baked chocolate chunk Smile Cookies for $1 plus tax at participating Tim Hortons locations in the Lower Mainland, and know that the full $1 goes directly to BC Children’s Hospital Foundation–one of 550 Canadian charities, hospitals and community programs supported through the annual campaign.
During the campaign, restaurant owners donate the full $1 from every freshly baked chocolate chunk Smile Cookie purchased to support charities in their community. This year, Tim Hortons restaurants in the Lower Mainland are supporting BC Children’s Hospital Foundation, the only hospital in the province devoted exclusively to the care of children.
“Each year, BC Children’s Hospital provides specialized care to more than 93,000 kids throughout the province. The community support we receive makes it possible to help provide the best health care possible for these children. That’s why we are so appreciative of the support we receive from Tim Hortons and their customers who participate in the annual Smile Cookie Campaign.” – Maria Faccio, vice president of philanthropy at BC Children’s Hospital Foundation
“The real magic behind the Smile Cookie campaign is the local impact and we’re excited to be able to support local charities, hospitals and community programs again this year. Our guests, restaurant owners and their team members can feel incredibly proud knowing that the money raised during the campaign directly supports local
Tim Hortons communities.”
– Mike Hancock, Chief Operating Officer, Tim Hortons
Each year, Tim Hortons employees, franchisees and executives unite during Smile Cookie week to raise funds benefiting children being treated around the province. Since 2002, Tim Hortons has raised $2.3 million in support of sick and injured children at BC Children’s Hospital.
Smile Cookie Campaign Facts
- In 2018, the Smile Cookie campaign raised $7.8 million across Canada
- For over 23 years, we’ve been spreading smiles – the Smile Cookie campaign began in 1996 to help raise funds for the Hamilton Children’s Hospital in Ontario
- The Smile Cookie campaign and has grown to become a major fundraising event at Tim Hortons Restaurants
- Nationally, Tim Hortons Restaurant owners support 550 local charities, hospitals and community programs through the Smile Cookie campaign
Join the Smile Cookie Conversation
Use the hashtag #SmileCookie
- Tag or follow us on Instagram @TimHortons & @bcchf
- Tag or follow us on Twitter @TimHortons & @bcchf
- Like us on Facebook Tim Hortons & @bcchf
- Subscribe to us on YouTube @TimHortons & @bcchf
- Visit TimHortons.com/smilecookie for a list of local charities benefiting from the Smile Cookie campaign
For more information about Tim Hortons® Smile Cookie Campaign, visit TimHortons.com/smilecookie or follow along on social media with #SmileCookie.
About TIM HORTONS®
In 1964, the first Tim Hortons® restaurant in Hamilton, Ontario opened its doors and Canadians have been ordering Tim Hortons iconic Original Blend coffee, Double-DoubleTM coffees, Donuts and Timbits® in the years since. Over the last 55 years, Tim Hortons has captured the hearts and taste buds of Canadians. Tim Hortons is Canada’s largest restaurant chain operating in the quick service industry serving over 5 million cups of coffee every day with 80% of Canadians visiting one of nearly 4,000 Tim Hortons in Canada at least once a month. More than a coffee and bake shop, Tim Hortons is part of the Canadian fabric and guests can enjoy hot and cold specialty beverages – including lattes, cappuccinos and espressos, teas and our famous Iced CappsTM – alongside delicious breakfast, sandwiches, wraps, soups and more. Tim Hortons has more than 4,800 restaurants in Canada, the United States and around the world. For more information on Tim Hortons visit TimHortons.com.