Your legacy is one of the most impactful decisions in your lifetime—a chance to ensure your values are carried into the future.
Your legacy gift is a planned future gift where your generosity benefits generations to come. It can be made through your Will or another form of designation of various assets to create new healing opportunities for others.
When you leave a legacy gift to the Foundation, you help push the boundaries of what’s possible in pediatric medicine. That’s because your support ensures our researchers can continue their quest to cure and prevent childhood diseases, and that our kids are cared for by the brightest medical minds with the most advanced tools available.
By remembering the Foundation in your estate plans today, you will become a member of our Legacy Circle—a special community of donors who are helping shape the future of children’s health care.
Ways to create your legacy
- Include a legacy gift in your Will
- Name BC Children’s Hospital Foundation as a beneficiary of your RRSP, RRIF, Pension or TFSA
- Gift your life insurance policy to BC Children’s Hospital Foundation
- Consider a gift that supports your family during their lifetime, and benefits the Foundation when they no longer need it, such as a charitable remainder trust or a gift of property
How to give
Leaving a legacy gift is easy. Here are a few ways you can get started.
- Talk about your options with us. If you have questions about the type of gift you wish to make, how to choose an executor, benefits, or important factors to consider, we can help. We'd be happy to work with you, your family and your advisors on a confidential basis to ensure you meet your goals.
- Learn about your options on your own time. You can start on our Resources page, or order an information package by calling 604.875.3679 or emailing email@example.com.
- Ask your professional advisor for guidance. Please let your advisor know we have resources for professionals at bcchf.ca/advisor. If you’re all ready to meet with your lawyer or notary, we recommend you bring our address and legal name with you (which we’ve included below).
We’re here to help. For more information please contact Jean Ting by phone at 604.875.3679 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Legal name: British Columbia’s Children’s Hospital Foundation
Charitable business no. 118852433RR0001
Benefits of making a legacy today
- Peace of mind. You can feel at ease knowing that you’ve prepared for your future, your family’s future, and the medical care of future children.
- Cash flow. It allows you to leave a meaningful gift for the future while retaining current income today for your own needs.
- Support your favourite charity. Your vision and values can continue on within your community. Let us help you make it a new reality and change the future of child health.
- Tax savings. Legacy plans offer various ways in which taxes may be lowered. And a charitable tax receipt may also offset tax on other income. Use the CRA calculator to estimate the tax benefit of your future gift.
- Other benefits. Please speak with your legacy team at the Foundation to discover other benefits such as which financial assets might be creditor protected, or important considerations to avoid your Will being challenged.
To ensure your gift to BC Children's Hospital Foundation is appropriate for your circumstances, we've created some helpful resources to help you get started.