Transferring your appreciated securities to BC Children’s Hospital Foundation is easy
Donating appreciated stocks or mutual funds is the most tax-effective way to make an outright gift during your lifetime or as part of a legacy gift.
Benefits of making a gift of securities to BC Children’s Hospital Foundation:
- A charitable tax receipt will be issued for the fair market value of the securities
- No capital gains tax owing if gifted to a public charity
- Satisfaction of seeing your donation put to good use
- A not-needed asset is removed from your portfolio and converted to a charitable gift
- Opportunity to create a lasting charitable legacy through estate planning
How to Give
Transferring your appreciated securities to BC Children’s Hospital Foundation is easy. Please complete the step-by-step instructions using our Securities Gift Form and then give it to your broker to complete the transaction.
Contact Donor Services at 604.449.6333 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance or have any questions about this process.
Note: The information on this page can help facilitate discussions between you and your advisor. It is not intended as legal or financial advice. We encourage you to consult a qualified professional.