Find key information on team benefits and deadlines, and tips for achieving your team's fundraising goal.
View our full Fundraising Guide.
Please note that in order to qualify for benefits, teams must have at least 20 registered team members OR a minimum $5,000 in funds raised by May 14, 2018. Teams that qualify can take advantage of some great benefits:
- Custom team t-shirts with your corporate logo or team name printed on the sleeve*
- Team race packages, with t-shirts and race bibs packaged together for easy pick up during race package pick up. **
- Designated team meeting area on run day
- Sign with your team name
- Pre-race team photo***
* Custom team t-shirts will only be provided to those 20+ team members who registered by the May 14, 2018 deadline. Team members who register after May 14 will receive a regular (non-custom) RBC Race for the Kids t-shirt to be included in the team package. Any team member who registers after 12:00pm on May 28 will need to pick up their t-shirt and race bib separately during race package pick up as theirs will not have been included in the team package.
** NOTE FOR SCHOOL TEAMS: If you are a member of a registered school team your custom t-shirts and race bibs will be delivered to your school on Tuesday, May 29 or Wednesday May 30, 2018.
*** Team photos are dependent on each team being gathered at their team meeting area, ready for a visit from one of our volunteer photographers.
A successful team needs a strong Team Captain - thank you for taking on this rewarding leadership role. Your two main goals are:
- Recruit walkers/runners to join your team. Virtual Runners are also able to join your team and help fundraise.
- Manage and propel your team's efforts in raising funds towards childhood cancer research and treatment programs as well as mental health initiatives at BC Children's Hospital.
Below are tips and tools to help you be an effective Team Captain and lead your team to success. Please feel free to get in touch anytime regarding additional support needs - we're always happy to provide advice and guidance.
- Use last year's team roster - engage individuals from last year. These will be your strongest fundraisers. Last year's team rosters are available upon request at email@example.com.
- Put a sign on your desk at work promoting RBC Race for the Kids and your Team Captain role.
- Challenge each of your returning team members to recruit one or two friends or family members.
- Send an email message to your contacts. Use our email templates through your fundraising dashboard - login now
More Questions or Need Help?
For additional assistance, please contact us at 604-875-2444 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Double the impact of your gift.
Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match any charitable contributions made by their employees.
Here's how to make a matching gift:
- Ask your Human Resources department about your company's matching gift policy.
- If your company participates, obtain a matching gift form from your employer. BC Children's Hospital Foundation charitable business number is 11885-2433-RR0001
- Draft a short note with the following details:
- Company/donor name;
- Donation amount;
- Name of team or individual receiving the donation;
- Instructions on the division of funds and if necessary a list of team members along with the donation amount that should be attributed to them.
- Forward your matching gift along with your donation to:
RBC Race for the Kids, c/o Casey Harrison
BC Children's Hospital Foundation
938 West 28th Avenue, Vancouver, BC V5Z 4H4
Conditions and criteria for gift matching vary by employer. Some companies offer a payroll deduction plan. For more information, or if you are not sure if BC Children's Hospital Foundation qualifies for your company's gift matching program, please call us at 604-875-2444 or email email@example.com.
For every $100 raised at the RBC Race for the Kids, fundraisers receive an automatic entry into a draw to win the following prizes:
- Air Canada flight for two (2) anywhere in North America, including Mexico and Caribbean
- Team signed Canucks jersey
- Four (4) tickets to a Whitecaps regular season game, four (4) scarves and one (1) signed Whitecaps jersey
- Ten (10) Vancouver Canadians tickets
- One of Two (2) Giant bikes.
Special thanks to:
Copy and save the images below. Use them on your posters, emails, or social media channels to let friends and family know you will be running to help BC Children's Hospital this June.
Contact RBC Race for the Kids (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request promotional posters and brochures (while supplies last).
Facebook Cover Photo
Printable 11x17 Poster
Printable 11x17 Thermometer
You can download a printable PDF donation form in order to collect offline donations. Please note that while an online donation will be processed immediately and will appear on your fundraising page within minutes of the gift having been made, offline donations may take up to two weeks – from the time that we receive your donations and donation form – to be processed and uploaded to your online fundraising page and for your donors to receive their tax receipt.
It is highly recommended that donations are made online as it gets close to event date for a donation to appear instantly on a participant's fundraising page and for donors to receive a tax receipt automatically.