By registering and fundraising for Bats for a Cause, you are making a difference in the lives of BC’s kids.
All teams are encouraged to raise a minimum of $1,000. Here are some tools and tips to help your team hit a fundraising homerun:
- Participate in the Bats for a Cause 50/50 raffle – tickets on sale now! Visit trellis.org/batsforacause for details.
- Ask your corporate contacts and industry partners to purchase tickets;
- Approach your company for a corporate match to support employees’ efforts;
- Encourage friends, and everyone you know (your hairdresser, your dog groomer), to support you by purchasing raffle tickets;
- Remind supporters they can donate online – it’s quick, easy and often results in higher donation amounts;
- Make a donation yourself – set the pace for the rest of your donors. Download our pledge form if you’re collecting any cash or cheques.
- Remind people that tax receipts are automatically issued for gifts of $20 or more;
- If your team is interested in facilitating their own raffle or 50-50 draw as a part of your team’s fundraising plans, please note that you will need to secure your own gaming license to facilitate those activities. Additional information about gaming licenses can be found below
- Gaming Licenses – The BC Government’s Gaming Branch requires you to apply for a license if you are including a raffle or any kind of gaming activity at your event. For further details, please visit the BC Gaming Policy and Enforcement Branch online
Prizes will be awarded to teams who collect the most in donations.
As the only children’s hospital in the province, a million kids and youth count on BC Children’s Hospital for specialized care. That might be for a specialist appointment or life-threatening emergency at the Oak Street campus, or in their own communities through outreach clinics.
In addition to the number of kids served, BC Children’s also serves the largest geographic region of any children’s hospital in North America—almost a million square miles. Reaching every child is an enormous job. That’s why we rely on the generosity of donors to help ensure that kids from all corners of the province and everywhere in between have access to expert pediatric care when they need it.
Thank you for your support.
Tournament fundraising history
2019 – 27 teams raised $120,412
2018 – 28 teams raised $141,237
2017 – 26 teams raised $103,673
2016 – 22 teams raised $85,062
2015 – 22 teams raised $84,516
2014 – 17 teams raised $50,468
2013 – 14 teams raised $47,811
2012 – 12 teams raised $35,760
2011 – 15 teams raised $41,048
2010 – 16 teams raised $31,460
2009 – 12 teams raised $12,943