By registering and fundraising for a Spin for the Kids team, you are making a difference in the lives of BC’s kids.
All teams are encouraged to raise a minimum of $1,000. Here are some tools and tips to help your team fundraise to the finish line:
- Approach your network for a corporate match to support industry’s efforts;
- Encourage friends, and everyone you know to support you by donating;
- Remind supporters they can donate online – it’s quick, easy and often results in higher donation amounts;
- Make a donation yourself – set the pace for the rest of your donors;
- Remind people that tax receipts are automatically issued for gifts of $20 or more;
- If your team is interested in facilitating their own raffle or 50-50 draw as a part of your team’s fundraising plans, please note that you will need to secure your own gaming license in your name to facilitate those activities. Additional information about obtaining a gaming licenses can be found below
- Gaming Licenses – The BC Government’s Gaming Branch requires you to apply for a license if you are including a raffle or any kind of gaming activity at your event. For further details, please visit the BC Gaming Policy and Enforcement Branch online.
Prizes will be awarded to teams who collect the most in donations.
As the only children’s hospital in the province, a million kids and youth count on BC Children’s Hospital for specialized care. That might be for a specialist appointment or life-threatening emergency at the Oak Street campus, or in their own communities through outreach clinics.
In addition to the number of kids served, BC Children’s also serves the largest geographic region of any children’s hospital in North America—almost a million square miles. Reaching every child is an enormous job. That’s why we rely on the generosity of donors to help ensure that kids from all corners of the province and everywhere in between have access to expert pediatric care when they need it.
Thank you for your support.